Monday, July 14, 2014

24th - Make Me Laugh

Day Twenty-Four... Five words or phrases that make me laugh.

I'm not sure I'm able to narrow this down to only five. I like to laugh. And I like to make people laugh. I'll give it a shot, though. Try and forgive me if all of these end up being quotes from movies or TV shows.
  1. "I like it! What's not to like? Custard, good. Jam, good. Beef, gooood!" - Joey, Friends, describing Rachel's traditional English trifle on Thanksgiving.
  2. "True story." - Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother... Not funny by itself. But I sort of laugh internally every time I say it following a blatant lie.
  3. "Someday your sarcasm is gonna get you punched in the face." - Mark Hipes... Not sure what I said to deserve this, but it made me laugh. Actually, I'm not sure if I should laugh or feel afraid.
  4. "Duties" - Come on... tell me you didn't just laugh at that.
  5. "Ronald Reagan?! The actor?" Doc Brown, Back to the Future... His response to Marty's information of who's president in 1985.
Actually, that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There are a lot of words/phrases that are only funny in the moment. Comedy is all about timing. Making a list of funny words or phrases just isn't that funny. It's like hearing the punchline of a joke without knowing the set up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment