Friday, July 11, 2014

21st - The Future

Day Twenty-One... How I hope my future will be...

Sidebar: Last night when I was looking ahead at what today's post would be, at first glance, I could've sworn it said furniture instead of future. Why would I care what my furniture will be like? Then I looked again. I must've been pretty tired when I read that.

I almost feel like I should just post a link to my bucket list. Because what is a bucket list if not a list of hopes for the future? Yeah, I posted a link to the bucket list. But here are some of my hopes for the future.
  • I hope I'm able to retire someday.
  • I hope I get an Olympic gold medal in curling.
  • I hope I marry the love of my life.
  • I hope I meet the love of my life.
  • I hope I finally make it on to Jeopardy! 
  • I hope I make the time to actually finish one of the 37 novels I've attempted to start over the years.
  • I hope I get it published.
  • I hope that DC Comics re-couples Lois and Clark in continuity again. (That whole Superman/Wonder Woman coupling just isn't natural.)
  • I hope I get a hippopotamus for Christmas.
  • I hope I get a chance to ride a roller coaster this summer.
  • I hope I'm able to someday go on that epic cross-country road trip.
  • I hope I can live the Big Brother house for a summer.
  • I hope I can figure out how to loft my bed so I can make a little extra room in my room.
That's all for now. Except that I'm reminded of two very different quotes about hope from two very different movies...

"Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness." - The Architect, The Matrix Reloaded

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

So The Matrix sequel was pretty bad. But Shawshank was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment