Friday, September 12, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller: Episode XXXI

Today, a woman came to the drive through and sent in a wad of bills. When I greeted her she responded by saying, "All I want is a book of stamps."

I'm sorry, does this look like a post office?

That's what I wanted to say. What I really did was just apologized and said that we don't sell stamps here, then directed her to the post office across the street.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "I've never heard of a bank that didn't sell stamps."

Really? 'Cause I've never heard of a bank that did sell stamps. Gail's been here for 20 years. She's never had anyone ask her for stamps.

On an unrelated note: If I hear someone else complain about how gas prices shot up today because of speculation of Ike shutting down refineries, I'm probably going to actually not do anything. But I'm gonna feel like screaming because my head might just explode. Gas prices are what they are. We the people can do nothing to change them. The powers that be are still in charge of that. So, my advice, either stop using gas or stop complaining about it. If we, as a nation, are dumb enough to keep pumping gas into our vehicles, then we really have no right to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment