Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Patience

Patience is something that I don't have a lot of today. There are those that would say that I don't have a lot of patience a lot of days. But I disagree. I happen to think I'm a fairly patient person.

Just not today.

I don't know what it is. I've only been at work for a little over an hour. I accidentally slept late, so the stress of school isn't getting to me. But it seems like the smallest things are getting under my skin. I feel that at any moment I could snap and regrettably do something that would get me fired.

I say regrettably, but really I wouldn't have a lot of regret about that. I'm not happy with the job. I'm not happy with school. Maybe I'm not getting impatient with people around me. Maybe I'm getting impatient with myself.

I've decided to make some changes in my life. And I'm ready for those changes to begin. I don't to be in school anymore working toward a degree that I really don't plan to use. I don't want to be in this job anymore, knowing that it's not what I want to do with the rest of my life.

But I need another dose of patience. Because time is still a factor in bringing these changes about. Until the semester ends, I'm stuck in this rut, trying desperately to claw my way out while pretending to care about the responsibilities I've taken on for the time being.

Every time a moronic customer comes to my window I just want to slam my head into the bullet resistant glass so I won't have to deal with it anymore. I need out! Now!

2 comments:

  1. ah, my dear friend.

    never ask for more patience.

    because God will just send you a swarm of moronic idiots to help you learn to use the patience you have.

    j "true story" h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the record show that in my frustrations, yes, I prayed. But I prayed for peace. I did not pray for patience. I learned long ago not to pray for patience. And yet, the fools just kept on coming to the bank.

    ReplyDelete