Sunday, September 14, 2008

Suddenly

So I'm sick. Came out of nowhere too. I felt just fine yesterday afternoon.

And then, just about the time I decided to go to bed, my throat starting hurting. I mean, it wasn't just a little sore throat. It was a raging burn and ache, as if it had swollen to nearly three times normal size. Every time I swallowed the saliva that my mouth inevitably kept producing was like a new definition of pain.

And you know how normal people will occasionally sneeze? I don't think the word "sneeze" will cover what it is I'm doing. I like to think of them as tiny head explosions.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all last night. Okay, that's kind of a lie. I slept off and on throughout the night. Mostly off. I would wake up about every hour or so. At one point I thought it had to be nearly morning, I looked at the clock and it was only 12:45. All I could think was you've gotta be kidding me!

Morning has finally arrived. I will not be attending church today. I was debating going anyway, since my people aren't here to sit with. But the fact that I feel like death warmed over helped me to make that final decision. So I'll be staying here at the Greenehouse for most of the day. And I'll be confining myself to the back bedroom, so as not to spread my germs throughout the home of five small children.

Though, I will need to go home and get some NyQuil. There's no way I'm gonna try to get through another night of this crud without being drugged up.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better! Who would have thought missing the Green's would make you so sick. Let me know when you want to brainstorm for your Big Brother video.

    ReplyDelete