Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Promises You Don't Intend to Keep

Nothing gets under my skin more than when someone says they're going to do something and then they don't do it. Let's use an example from my past. Remember Mark? Back in the Bluefield days, when he and I were roommates, there would be times that he would tell me he'd do the dishes, and then they'd sit there for a week 'til I finally realized he wasn't going to do them and I broke down and cleaned up. Eventually we had a discussion about the issue and as you can see, we are still friends. My problem wasn't that he didn't do the dishes. I don't care about that. My problem was that he told me he would do the chore, and then didn't.

I say all that to introduce my own shortcomings. Some weeks ago I said on here that I would be going through my life in blog posts. So far I've had one of those. And then I haven't done anymore. I don't mean to be a liar. I still have every intention of getting around to those introspective posts. I even intend to include old pictures. You'll get to see how cute I used to be as a kid. And you'll see me evolve into the embodiment of awesomeness that I have now become. So stay tuned. School may slow down some of my creativity, but I'll get around to it all eventually. You'll see.

3 comments:

  1. you know what gets under my skin?

    people who downright lie.

    "You'll get to see how cute I used to be as a kid."

    come on?

    who's buying that?

    j "i cannot tell a lie" h

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't lie...I hate doing dishes...with a deep passion....although not as much now.

    Remember how I had to bend my neck to do the dishes....That should count for something, Shorty.

    I miss living with you buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about the fact that the ceiling sloped really low there in the kitchen. I guess I often take my short stature for granted. But we hobbits are a proud race.

    ReplyDelete