Monday, September 29, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode XXXIII

Thursday evening I was sitting at the Greenehouse, minding my own business, when out of nowhere I received a phone call from the bank. It was my assistant manager calling to ask a favor. She asked if I would be willing to work the next day at a different branch that was short-handed.

She made it clear that I could say no, that it was strictly voluntary. But I said yes, 'cause believe it or not, I'm a nice guy. But you may be asking yourselves, why would they even give him the option?

Apparently, the branch where I worked on Friday is in a "rough" part of town. When I mentioned to Nicole where I would be working, I thought she was going to flip out. I thought she was going to go so far as to suggest I take a kevlar vest with me. Thursday night, I went to bed thinking the worst would happen. Friday morning I woke up feeling really nervous.

I wasn't really nervous about the bank being robbed while I just happened to be there. I just get nervous about being placed in new situations in unfamiliar locales. Luckily there was one familiar face there. Shalana is a floating teller that works at that particular branch on Fridays. She also works the occasional Saturday with me at my home branch. So at least I had someone to talk to.

Not that I had a lot of time to talk to anyone. We were busy all day. My branch is dead in comparison to the business that this place sees on a regular basis. And Shalana said that this Friday was nothing compared to what they usually get. I'm almost envious. Being that crazy sure made the day fly by.

And now that I think about it, I would not mind being sent to different branches on a regular basis. At least then I wouldn't be hounded by the manager about how many referrals I wasn't getting each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment