Friday, September 19, 2008

Question of the Week: Career Day

If at birth you could select the profession your child would pursue, would you do so?

Not only would I, but... uh... yes, I would. My son would be a fighter pilot, much like Iceman from Top Gun. I'd say like Maverick, but Ice was the best of the best. Also, Tom Cruise is a nutjob. And my daughter would be an international spy. But she would have integrity and be good at what she does. She wouldn't be like one of those sluts that sleeps with James Bond then gets killed in the third act. If I were to have a third child, whether it was a boy or a girl, would be a contractor/electrician/plumber/mechanic. It would be nice to have someone who could come over and fix stuff at my house in my old age. See, after we've retired, me and the Mrs. just won't feel like installing the new doorbell or changing the oil in our car.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment