Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: A Year in Review

Looking back at 2008, it was just like so many other years, full of ups and downs.

I began the year as a seminary student enjoying a break between semesters. I'm ending the year as a seminary drop out, resting in the knowledge that I won't have to stress out about tests and research papers anymore.

I'm sure I disappointed a few people when I revealed this year that I would be withdrawing from school after only three semesters. Believe me when I say it isn't a decision that I came to lightly, it's something I prayed about a lot. Seminary just isn't for everyone.

I went west of the Mississippi River for the first time in my life. I went way west. I enjoyed a brief but extremely packed vacation in Los Angeles where I experienced the Back to the Future tour that few people come to know. I got my picture taken with Superman. I saw wonders that I dare not cheapen with heavy handed words.

I moved. Again. But this time I'm in an awesome apartment. A grown-up apartment. I signed a lease and everything.

I went to the movies a lot. I was introduced to the PlayStation 3. I experienced the joy of high definition in my own living room for the very first time.

I went to a wedding. I missed a wedding. Found out about an engagement or two, which will lead to more weddings in the future.

I joined a family this year. And whether they really consider me family or not, that's how I think of them.

I started and kept a job that has had a lot of downs. But it's a job.

I turned 28 this year. That means I have one more birthday before I stop the aging process. That's right. God and I, we struck a bargain.

I drank too much caffeine. I ate too much fast food. But somehow I managed to lose 15 pounds. Take that Surgeon General!

So here's to 2009. May it be whatever it will be. See you next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment