Friday, December 05, 2008

Question of the Week: Nucular

If you knew there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do?

First I'd want to know what happened to the peaceful transfer of power going on in the White House. Did the president throw a temper tantrum because suddenly he's not gonna be president anymore? I mean, he had to know there was a time limit on that gig. Eight years, that's it.

If I knew where one of the ground zeroes would be, I would probably make my way there. I figure, in nuclear war, I'd much rather be killed immediately in the blast than suffer through nuclear winter or possible radiation poisoning.

Though, I guess if I knew that it was coming, I could try to stop it. I mean, if Jack Bauer can avert numerous national defense catastrophies in one day, I'd say it'd be possible for someone to do it in seven. I'd be a hero. Though I'd rather the country's safety be in Jack Bauer's hands.

After the nuclear destruction was thwarted, I would then market my precognitive Jedi abilities as a way to attain fame and fortune. It is as I have foreseen it.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment