Monday, December 29, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I had a movie-going trifecta this weekend. I began with Four Christmases, followed by The Day the Earth Stood Still. Last night I went to the theater, again with Jen and Nicole, to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I can't remember the last time I went to the movies three nights in a row. If I had limitless funds, I'd do it more often.

Have you seen the trailer for this flick? It follows the life of Benjamin Button, who is born as an old man, and as he gets older, he actually gets younger. Kind of like Mork and Mindy, but less random. Actually, this movie reminded me a bit of Forrest Gump. Throughout his life, Benjamin comes in contact with different aspects of American history. It's really not as obvious as when Forrest met several presidents or inspired John Lennon to write Imagine. Maybe it was just in the way that his story was told in flashbacks throughout the film.

I really don't have much to say about the movie. I wasn't blown away by it, so I don't have any over-the-top compliments. But I didn't dislike it either, so I have nothing to complain about. It was definitely a good movie, well worth my discounted student ticket of seven dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment