Thursday, October 22, 2009

Disaster Averted

This morning as I was approaching 60 miles per hour on the open road to the workplace, I noticed the hood of my car vibrating in a not so good way. As my mind flashed to a scene from Tommy Boy, I shouted a PG-13 kind of word and pulled over to the side of the road.

Yesterday I had opened her up to check the oil, as a good motorist should from time to time. Apparently, I failed to properly close her back up. Somehow I drove around all afternoon and into the evening without noticing that the hood was partially open.

There I stood on the side of the road closing the hood as it should have been done nearly 24 hours before. And I did this because I assumed that having the hood fly up blocking the view of the driver would not be as funny in real life as it is in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment