Friday, October 09, 2009

Question of the Week: Solitude

Would you enjoy spending a month of solitude in a beautiful natural setting? Food and shelter would be provided but you would not see another person.

I do like my alone time. I'm picturing some kind of shipwrecked, tropical island setting. There are times when I go a day or two without contact with another person. But I'm thinking a month would be a bit much. Sure, I'd try it. But after that month I'd probably be completely over my whole I-don't-like-people thing.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

2 comments:

  1. You are telling a lie. You and I make some kind of contact EVERY day. You may enjoy solitude but take away your ability to text (your favorite person in the world) and you would be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could have peace and quiet for a month? I would jump at the chance. Just as long as I had plenty of books to read.

    ReplyDelete