Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode LXIV

Was today weird for anyone? It was my fault. I'm sorry. I upset the natural order of things, but I really enjoyed it.

Today is a Wednesday, and I went to work without a tie. I'll let the appropriate shock set in.

Yesterday, the branch manager, Charles, came to work dressed as if it were the casual Friday. He was only planning to be at work 'til noon since he was taking his family to the fair. This prompted me to ask if I could dress similarly today, since I was only scheduled to work for 3 hours. He said he had no problem with it.

In fact, this sparked a conversation about the pointlessness of ties. It seems unfair that men should have to wear ties every day and only have one day without that traditional noose. Women, on the other hand, seem to be able to wear whatever they want five days a week. Personally, I've found little to no difference between what the women I work with wear on Fridays as opposed to the rest of the week.

So today became my social experiment. No one said a word to me about the lack of neck wear. Right after I got there, I did get a look from a customer. Her eyes kind of said, "Who do you think you are, not wearing a tie on a Wednesday?" Other than that, I really got no reaction.

But I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing a tie tomorrow. It just felt weird without it.

1 comment:

  1. OF COURSE YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT WOMAN WEAR FOR PROFFISIONAL OFFICE ATTIRE AND WHAT THEY WEAR ON CASUAL FRIDAY. YOUR A MAN! LOL AND I DONT WANT ANY COMPLAINTS FROM MEN ABOUT WEARING A TIE WHEN THEY ARE IN THE OFFICE. TRY WEARING A BRA 7 DAYS A WEEK AT LEAST 12 HOURS A DAY, IF NOT LONGER! YOU DO THAT AND THEN MAYBE YOU CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING YOU WEAR AROUND YOUR NECK. HAHA :)

    ReplyDelete