Friday, October 23, 2009

Question of the Week: Heat

One hot summer afternoon, while walking through a parking lot at a large shopping center, you notice a dog suffering badly from the heat inside a locked car. What would you do?

Well, my first thought would be to smash the windows in the car so that the dog could once again breathe some fresh air. Then I'd get some water for the poor pooch. But, knowing how no good deed goes unpunished, I'm sure the dog would jump out of the broken window and attack me like the car vandalizer that I had become. That would make me rethink the whole scenario. Those Chihuahuas really know how to hurt. If it was really hot, to the point that even I felt it was inhumane for someone to leave an animal without cracking the window, I might call the police. I'm not exactly what you'd call an animal rights activist, but leaving your Chihuahua in the car in the dead of August just seems a little mean. Can't you shove the dog in your purse like everyone else?

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. I would call the police/animal control and stay with the dog to make sure that it was okay. Then, more than likely I would make sure charges were pressed on the the selfish humans that left that poor thing all alone to suffer. And in a perfect world I would bring the dog home to live with us :)

    ReplyDelete