Wednesday, April 23, 2008

American Idol: Five Left

The top six begin the evening by singing "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera. And then we go to commercial. That was quick. Gotta pay those bills.

Andrew Lloyd Webber gives his take on last night's performances. This week's Ford video is "Tainted Love," but the video is reminiscent of "Take On Me." I've never liked the videos. I thought those were a bad idea when they started them years ago. Stay tuned for a message from the president and first lady...

Back to live action...

Tonight we'll only have a bottom two, since there are only six left. We start with the Davids. We know they're safe. Come on. And now that Ryan has officially revealed that fact, we can move on. After some other stuff...

We catch up with Tamyra Grey and Clay Aiken, starring in Rent and Monty Python's Spamalot, respectively. Next I'm reminded just how not with it I am. Leona Lewis performs, billed as the biggest thing in music right now. I've never heard of her. Am I the only one? I guess that's possible.

Next up are Syesha and Brooke. I said these two would be in the bottom three. But since there are only a bottom two, I'd say these would be it. But since there are still two more people waiting backstage, maybe it's just Brooke. Turns out it's just Syesha, Brooke is safe. So didn't see that coming.

Carly and Jason join Ryan at center stage. My guess here is Jason. But I thought Brooke would be going home, so my guesses are generally no good tonight. Sure enough... Carly is joining Syesha. America, you got this one wrong. Syesha and Carly both did a very good job last night. If anyone, based on last night's performances, Jason and Brooke should be the bottom two.

Carly is done this week. Really did not see that coming at all. I'm not saying I thought she'd win the whole thing, but I thought she'd go further than top 6. And then there were 5. Next week: Neil Diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment