Friday, April 04, 2008

Question of the Week: Go Jump in a Lake

You are at a lake with some friends; the sun is warm and the water is cold. Going into the water would temporarily chill you but you know that later the sun would be even more enjoyable and you would be glad you had gone in. Would you take the plunge?

What the heck kind of question is this? I get most of these questions of the week from Gregory Stock's The Book of Questions. This is pathetic. I thought these things were supposed to be deep and thought-provoking. Do you want to jump into the cold lake even if you know it'll feel good when you get used to it? Seriously? That's the brain-teaser of the week? I'm not sure if I would jump in. I mean, I'm not a very strong swimmer anyway, and I don't really even like being in the water. So I probably wouldn't. What a crappy question.

A friend of mine actually complained about the quality of this question this week. I told him I don't choose the questions. They choose me.

2 comments:

  1. yeah right?!?! I DO NOT like cold water! I don't care how great it would feel once I got used to
    it, there is NO way I am diving into something that would feel like a thousand knives stabbing me all at once.
    BTW, not one of the better questions.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would jump.

    life's always more fun when you jump.


    jen

    ReplyDelete