Sunday, April 13, 2008

Six Degrees

I didn't care much for high school. It's not the institution itself that bothered me. It was my experience there that I didn't like. I'm sure most of that is my fault. I didn't put myself out there, I didn't get involved... blah, blah, blah.

One fond memory is one of 12th grade English class. No, not because of the forced readings or essays or short stories we had to write. Although I did do a kick butt senior speech on the song American Pie. The best part was playing "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" with Elizabeth and Renee. I suppose we could've paid attention to Mr. Ciaffone, but where's the fun in that?

A few weeks ago, when I was in Charlotte, Andy and I played "Six Degrees." Not only were we trying to beat each other by connecting people like Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks in the fewest possible links, we also tried to beat the internet. If you go to The Oracle of Bacon, you can find the different possibilities of connecting actors to one another. But, be warned, there are a lot of obscure people out there that connect in a lot of obscure movies. I'm talking about the guy that played Doorman #2 in that movie with that girl that was one of the cheerleaders without a speaking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment