Thursday, April 24, 2008

International

After a long wait and a long craving, I finally got to enjoy a breakfast at the IHOP. This may have been the first time I've had pancakes in nearly a year. And it was all I remembered it to be.

You'll recall that when the Greenes gave me the choice of lunch on my birthday, I chose IHOP. However, to my disappointment, they were overcrowded, and we were all extremely hungry. So I bent to the children's will and we ate lunch at Chuck E. Cheese that day.

Here we are, well over a month later, and the planets aligned just right. I'm out of class this week due to Spring Break. I have Thursdays off work. And the Greenes planned a trip to the International House of Pancakes.

I loved it. I ate too much. Even though the IHOP chain has decided to decrease the size of their pancakes. I remember when they were big enough to overlap the plates. Now they come on a tiny little saucer. They're only slightly larger in diameter than those "silver dollar" pancakes. Yes, I was disappointed with the size of the pancakes, but those, along with the omelet, allowed me to eat my fill. And then some.

So I thank the Greenes for treating me to the best breakfast I've had in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment