Sunday, June 15, 2008

As You Wish

Before continuing with today's post, I must direct you to scroll down and view the comment under the posting titled Stumbling. Jen left a comment there suggesting that I should devote more blog space to her. Jen likes to see Jen's name in print, right? Then Jen, this one's for you, Jen. I give you a Mad Lib found at this website based on Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid. I thought that would be appropriate since Jen and I burst into a medley of Disney songs whilst doing dishes at Christmastime. But this is no regular Mad Lib. Instead of choosing random nouns, adjectives, and verbs, I have replaced the missing parts of speech with Jen's name. This how Phoebe from Friends plays Mad Libs. Without further ado, I give you Part of Your World: The Jen Version.

Look at this Jen, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the Jen
The Jen who has everything?

Look at this Jen, treasures untold
How many wonders can one Jen hold?
Jenning around here you'd think
Sure, she's got everything

I've got Jens and Jens a-plenty
I've got who's-its and what's-its galore
You Jen thing-a-mabobs?
I've got Jenteen
But who cares? No Jen deal. I Jen more.

I wanna be where the Jens are
I wanna see, wanna see 'em Jenning
Walkin' around on those
Whaddya call 'em? Oh, feet

Jenning your fins, you don't get too far
Legs are required for Jenning, dancin'
Strollin' along down the
What's that word again? Jen
Up where Jens Jen
Up where Jens run
Up where Jens stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free, wish I could be
Part of that Jen

What would I give if I could live
Outta these Jens?
What would I pay to spend a day
Warm on the sand?

Betcha on Jen they understand
Bet they don't reprimand their Jens
Bright young women, sick of Jenning
Ready to stand

And ready to know what the Jen know
Ask 'em Jen questions and get some answers
What's a Jen and why does it
What's the word? Jen

When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I Jen?
Jen to explore that Jen up above
Out of the Jen, wish Jen could be
Jen of that Jen

We hope you've enjoyed this presentation of Mad Jens. Or should it be Jen Libs. And coming in July, to coincide with my trip to Los Angeles, more posts that will be all about Jen. By my count, that's forty-eight mentions of your name Jen. Forty-nine. Are you happy Jen?

Had to make it an even fifty.

3 comments:

  1. THAT
    WAS
    AMAZING

    the most well written, informative, creative blog you have EVER written.

    truly, i am deeply impressed.

    if only they could all be like that.


    ALL OF THEM!

    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel that this song should be sung at your wedding on October 9,2009. I will be more than happy to break forth in song in order to share in this amazing celebration of your love for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMmmmmm October 9th, 2009. Should I set this date aside??
    Smiling....

    TMP

    ReplyDelete