Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gray

I've had gray hair for years. I'm fairly certain I began noticing a few stray grays back when I was in high school. And I've been done with high school for ten years. But gray hair has never been an issue. For the most part, I don't care that I've got gray hair. At least it's not falling out.

But here's the thing, I'm 28 years old. And over the last few months, the gray hair has become more noticeable. I say that only because more and more people are beginning to say something to me about it. "Aaron, I didn't realize you had so much gray hair!" Do you have to say it with such shock and awe?

Leo, another new friend from Faith Baptist, was discussing the gray issue with me recently. "You could stop aging," he said.

"And how do I do that?"

"You could die."

He did clarify that statement. He didn't mean he wished death upon me. That's just the only way he knew to stop the aging process. I can see his logic. But I have to believe that there must be a better way.

Nicole said she'd highlight my hair. But I ask, what will that do? Highlighting only covers some random spots, right? Unless that time in college, when I got my hair highlighted, they did it wrong. Also, she said she has to wait for my hair to get longer to even do it. Longer? Seriously? I was thinking about getting a haircut at the length it already is. Do you have any idea how hot it is in the greater Raleigh area? And this is just June. August is coming quick. Longer hair scares me. It instills in me the fear of spontaneous combustion. Because it's so hot.

1 comment:

  1. i definitely think you should let your hair get longer!!

    then color is a darker color and let her highlight ..

    great for summer

    DO IT

    j

    ReplyDelete