Saturday, June 07, 2008

On the Way Back from Brazil

On the way back from Brazil one time, I volunteered to carry a friend's souvenir. But first, a little background.

During Spring Break of my first senior year, I went with a group of BSU students to Brazil for a mission trip. While there we had the chance to go into the public schools in a town called Rio Negrinho. We also worked with a Baptist church in the city, leading them in worship and leading a Vacation Bible School-like activity for kids. It was a lot of fun and a very rewarding experience. I even learned a little Portuguese, which I use to this day. I mean, very little. We're talking the extent of "good morning" and "thank you."

Anyway, at one point during the trip, my friend Shannon bought a pitcher (I think) that she would soon use in her new home after she got married. Unfortunately for her, this caused her to have a third carry-on item. See, at that point, the airline we were flying with had a two carry-on policy. Since I only had one carry-on with me, I volunteered to carry it for her. By the time we reached our third layover in Atlanta, I was tired of carrying this ceramic pitcher (it was in a box, in case you were wondering).

I looked over at Kelly and asked why I was still carrying this thing. She replied, "Because you're nice. And stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment