Friday, October 03, 2008

Question of the Week: Ability

If you could wake up tomorrow with one ability or quality, what would it be?

How does one respond to this question? Well, first you have to determine what the question means. It says ability, which brings to mind some sort of super power. But then it says quality, which to me says personality trait.

Okay, I thought about saying omnipotence. But that's too easy. And it's kind of a cop out. That's like saying you have one wish and then you wish for a hundred wishes. Besides, power corrupts. Being omnipotent would make me lazy. I'd snap my fingers and be wherever I needed to be, instantly have done what needed to be done. Instead I think my one quality would be to quickly absorb and retain information. Like having a photographic memory. I think that would be awesome. It would make studying a lot easier while I'm in school. And I could impress people with my volumes of useless knowledge.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. i'd be able to teleport.

    no question about.

    saves time, saves money, quick and convenient.

    j "where'd she go now?!" h

    ReplyDelete