Monday, October 13, 2008

Week of the Question: Last Will and Testament

Okay, I know it's not Friday. If you've been keeping up, that's the day that I always do the question of the week. This week I thought it would be fun to do a question every day. That's right loyal readers, you get not only one question this week, you get five. Isn't that exciting? I thought so.

If you knew of a way to use your estate, following your death, to greatly benefit humanity, would you do it and leave only a minimal amount to your family?

Estate? HA! There would be a minimal amount anyway, whether I gave it to some world-changing charity or not. But lets just assume for a moment that I'm a wealthy individual with millions to my name on the day I die. I'm just gonna leave it to my family. The way I see it, the majority of Americans are only out for themselves. So why not let my loved ones use the money for their own benefit, especially when the economy only seems to be sinking lower.

That's Monday's answer. Remember to tune in every day this week for a brand new question.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. ok, i would not leave my fortune to charity, i would leave it to my family.

    HOWEVER

    i would make them do wacky things in order to get the money.

    maybe i would make them all do a cannonball run and the amount you get is based on how well you finish. and then to add some fun into the mixture, i would also invite the arch-enemy of each of my family members.

    they'd have to go through crazy stunts to make it to the finish. and once they're there and all hugging because they realize the cannonball run was intended to bring them closer together i'll appear out of nowhere because i'm not really dead! it was all a trick to get them to realize that family is more important than money.

    besides, i will have spent all my money on the cannonball run anyway.

    sounds like a hollywood hit to me.

    j "genius hollywood producer" h

    ReplyDelete