Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week of the Question: Action Figures

If you could use a voodoo doll to hurt anyone you chose, would you?

First of all, when it's a guy that's involved, they're not dolls. They're action figures.

I'd like to say no, but I do repress a lot of stuff. Especially when I get frustrated at work. It's not like I can go off on my manager or show a customer just how much of a bonehead I think they are. It'd be real easy to pick up that doll when I got home and shove a needle into the arm.

I did used to treat my GI Joes with little respect. They'd get captured and tortured. Strap 'em down and have a magnifying glass hovering over them. Melt a leg off. That kind of thing. Flint was never the same after that.

Anyway, I don't believe in voodoo, so none of that stuff would work anyway. Don't they say you have to believe in it for it to affect you? Or did I just see that in a movie somewhere? I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I just don't play with dolls.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment