Friday, October 17, 2008

Week of the Question: Envy

Are there people you envy enough to want to trade lives with them? Who are they?

I'll admit there are times when I wish aspects of my life were different than the way they are. And there are times when I will envy a particular person. But I don't think it's anything that's bad. And I certainly don't envy them enough to want to trade lives.

I know I've got my problems. There are things that I struggle with and issues that will continue to pop up in my life. When those hard times come around, who wouldn't want to trade places with someone? But I've also got enough sense to know that any of those people I would happen to envy at any given time also have their own problems and issues. So, no, I don't envy anyone enough to want to trade places.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

3 comments:

  1. No way! My life turned out way better than I had ever hoped for myself and quite truthfully, no one I know has a life that I would want because just like you said, everyone has their own issues and so the grass may look greener but truth be told, it is still the same grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! what nicole said. and grass feels good when you lay down on it too!

    i won't lie though, i'm pretty sure most people want to be me.

    j "why wouldn't they?" h

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, while I'm sure there are many people out there who envy you enough to want to become you, are you sure it's worth the hassle? Did we learn nothing from the several versions of Freaky Friday?

    ReplyDelete