Friday, October 24, 2008

Question of the Week: Extermination Vacation

For an all-expense-paid, one-week vacation anywhere in the world, would you be willing to kill a beautiful butterfly by pulling off its wings? What about stepping on a cockroach?

I'd pull the wings off a butterfly in a heartbeat. But the roach? That's where I draw the line. People give roaches a bad rap. Okay, I'm kidding, I really can't back that up. I'd step on the roach a lot sooner than I'd pull the wings off the butterfly. But to me, it really doesn't matter. They're both bugs. Just because the roach is considered more of a pest than the butterfly doesn't mean that its life is worth more or less than that one week vacation. I'm totally going to Disney World.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.


2 comments:

  1. Most definitely would do it and I am totally going to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably do it too, but only if the vacation was to some place I DIDN'T invent.

    ReplyDelete