Monday, March 16, 2009

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode XLV

It's been awhile since I've done one of these. You work in a place long enough, a lot of your stories tend to start sounding the same.

Well here's a new one for you: I'm leaving my current job.

For several months, I've been seeking a full-time position. For over a year, I've been working as a part-time teller. Part-time just doesn't cut it anymore. All that extra money I've had in savings is just about gone. It's been going to feed my addiction to food.

Last week I found out about a full-time position that had opened up at a branch near NC State. The manager at said branch was once the assistant manager at my current branch. In fact, he's the one who initially hired me to work for the bank.

I interviewed with him last week, but since he knows me and we just went through all of this last year, he decided that we would be pretty informal with this. He basically gave me a rundown of how things work at that branch and let me know that hot girls from the college are in there on a pretty regular basis. As if just getting away from my current manager wasn't reason enough to go for this job.

He told me I was at the top of the list, so that was encouraging. Today I received a phone call from human resources with the official offer for the full-time position. So for the first time in my life, I've been hired twice by the same man.

I'm pretty psyched about this. I get to work for forty hours a week, I may be getting a raise in the near future, and I'll be getting away from an overbearing boss and will no longer be forced to work on Saturdays. What a glorious day today has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment