Thursday, March 12, 2009

Phone Calls

Over the last few days, I've received a couple of interesting phone calls.

The first occurred while I was at the Greenehouse watching The Amazing Race. The call came from a number that my phone did not recognize. But it was from the 540 area code (where the home town is located), so I answered, thinking it may be someone I know calling from an odd number.

Me: Hello?
Her: Is this Zack?
Me: Uh, no, it's not.
Her: Is this Beth's phone.
Me: No, you've got the wrong number.
Her: Oh, sorry...

I need to say something about this mystery caller. She sounded audibly hot. Now, there's a good chance that she's not hot at all. I have come across some radio personalities in my day that sound very attractive on the radio but then end up looking like a mule in real life. It happens. Anyway, the girl looking for Beth sounded hot.

The very next night, I was driving over to the Greenehouse to join them in viewing 24. This is another of our weekly rituals. As I pulled into the driveway, my phone rang and displayed yet another strange 540 number. To be honest, I'm not sure if it was the same number or not. I'm spoiled by the programmable phone book in my cell phone. I don't remember seven-digit numbers anymore.

Me: Hello?
Her: Is Beth there?
Me: I'm sorry, you have the wrong number.
Her: Oh, sorry...

That's twice. It may have been the same girl twice, but I'm not sure. In any case, the second call sounded audibly hot as well. I'm thinking if I get a third call I'm going to strike up a conversation with her. I don't know if I'll come right out and tell her I think she sounds hot. In fact, I probably won't say anything witty at all.

I have been thinking though, what if Beth gave this chick a fake number. What if this girl thinks that she and Beth are better friends than they really are? And who's this Zack character? I feel like I'm involved in these people's lives now. I'm concerned about the hot girl's voice and her friendship with Beth. Or lack thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment