Thursday, March 19, 2009

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode XLVI

It's funny how some people tend to over react whenever the powers that be show their faces. At the beginning of the week, my manager informed everyone in the branch that the area manager, and apparently his boss, would be paying us a visit on Wednesday.

So for the first half of the week, she was freaking out and had all of her employees walking on eggshells in preparation for a visit from a couple people who would only be in the building for ten minutes.

All morning Wednesday, we kept getting an update from the manager. "They're on their way, unless they stop somewhere else first." Glad she was able to make that as vague as possible.

My lunch hour finally rolled around at noon. I was pulling out of the parking lot as those powers that be were walking into the branch. As I drove away I couldn't help but laugh. All that prepping and I wouldn't have to deal with my boss' bosses.

After lunch, I returned to find out that those folks were, in fact, only there for ten minutes. They never spoke to the tellers about any of the things our manager prepared us for. They never even approached the teller line at all. What a waste of time and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment