Friday, March 06, 2009

Question of the Week: Risk

You are offered $1,000,000 for the following act: Before you are ten pistols--only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?

You know what? Times are tough right now. The economy is in the crapper. I'm only working a part-time job and having a difficult time finding a full-time one. I'm even having difficulty getting a second part-time job. So yeah, why not. That's a 90% chance that I'm gonna walk away a millionaire. What kind of pistols are they? Now, I don't know much about guns, but if they're the six-shooter/revolver type, then I guess I could just look and see which gun had bullets in the chambers. Pretty sure that's the gun I'd avoid.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment