Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are You Ready For Christmas?

I like Christmas. I really do. But I'm ready for it to be over.

I know, it's the week of Christmas. I should be getting more excited as the days pass. But I'm not. I'm getting more annoyed.

I think the biggest part of my problem is that I'm tired of Christmas music. About a month ago, I was all excited that the local station was going to start playing round the clock Christmas music. But that was then. This is now.

A month of listening to nothing but Christmas music at work, every day, for eight hours straight... it gets tedious. There are only so many Christmas songs. And there are only so many covers of those Christmas songs. It's nice when there's a little variety, but really, how many times can you stand to hear Santa Baby in one day? Or Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You? Really gets old.

You know what else gets old? Having someone ask if you're ready for Christmas. I know I work at a bank and I know that there are tons of people who come in and are grasping for conversation starters. And during this, the week before Christmas, "Are you ready for Christmas?" seems to be the number one icebreaker.

I'm ready to start changing up my responses. "What? Christmas? Already!?" "Yes! I've been ready since March!" "Uh... I'm Jewish..."

I wonder how quick I could get them to feel uncomfortable. Yeah... ask your icebreakers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment