Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Trivial

I spend a lot of time complaining about certain aspects of my life. Complaining is something that's easy to do. It's easy to look around and find that I would like certain things in my life to be different than they are. I make it so much easier to complain about the things with which I'm unhappy than to praise God for all the blessings that are all over.

I realized today that so many of my problems and my complaints are trivial. I have so many friends who deal with real drama and real issues. Who am I to complain about the small things in my life?

Finding out that your loved ones are hurting can be heartbreaking, especially when you feel helpless in their situation. It's easy to offer prayerful support. But while I firmly believe in prayer as a powerful tool, I can't help but continue to feel helpless. I guess that's just human nature, to want to be able to take control of a situation rather than give it up to God.

Have you had a bad day? Take a moment to really take inventory of the blessings in your life. Then take a moment to pray for the people you love. Pray more for the people you don't. Pray for the people whose hurts may not even be showing on the surface. Meanwhile, I'm gonna pray that God will help me to get out of my own way so that I can recognize the pain in others, and offer to serve in any way for which He equips me.

1 comment:

  1. An uplifting blog. Thank you. Love, (Aunt) Barbara

    ReplyDelete