Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode LXVII

It's been a while since I've written about work. There are reasons for that. Chief among them, everyone at work knows how to find my blog now. This makes for some tense times if I become disgruntled and write something unfavorable about a coworker. Even if I leave names out of it. Funny how they're able to figure things like that out.

But this post has nothing to do with anyone that I work with. I promise.

A couple weeks ago I was tellering, as I often do, and a customer approached the counter from the lobby side of things. Normally, I would ignore such a thing, but since I was the only free teller at the moment and there were no cars at the drive through lane, I decided to do what I was getting paid for. I asked the woman if I could help her.

"If I want to withdraw money, do I need to use the ATM outside or can I just do that in here?"

I told her of course she could get money inside, she'd just need to fill out a withdrawal ticket. And show me some ID so I could find her account number.

"Oh, I don't have an account here."

Really? In that case, you'll definitely need to go to the ATM. Now, maybe this is a new one to me, but if you have an account with Bank A, do you really expect to go into Bank B to withdraw your money? Use your brain lady.

And she looked at me like I was the moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment