Monday, October 24, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - Three Movies

THREE MOVIES

Remember how I've been occasionally giving my thoughts on movies from the American Film Institute's top 100 films of all time? At the same time, I've been occasionally ranking movies that I've seen through the incomparable website, Flickchart. The idea is that, once I'm finished with AFI's list, I'll have my own top 100 to share with you. And that's where my top three movies will come from today. At least, these are the top three as they are right now. They seem fairly accurate. So here goes...

1. Back to the Future - This should be a no-brainer for anyone who has read my blog once or twice.

2. The Empire Strikes Back - Absolutely the best of the entire Star Wars saga. You have Han Solo using a lightsaber for the first time. Princess Leia falling for the scruffy-looking nerf herder. And, SPOILER ALERT, the big reveal that Darth Vader is actually Luke Skywalker's father. Didn't see that one coming, did you?

3. The Matrix - While I consider the trilogy as a whole to be kind of disappointing, the original installment was pure awesome. And really, it would have been just fine as a stand alone feature. I could be wrong, but isn't this the movie that introduced the world to "bullet time"?

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching Star Wars in the theater and the collective gasp at that reveal.

    ReplyDelete