Friday, October 28, 2011

Question of the Week: Routine

Do you establish routines in your life? For example, do you usually sleep in the same place in your bed? eat meals at the same time? regularly return to the same vacation spot?

First of all... What's a vacation? This word is not familiar to me. Sorry... it's just been a really long time since I went on a real vacation. Hard for me to return to the same vacation spot when it's been so long since I took one. Anyway, I think in some ways I follow routines. It's hard not to. I don't know if it's a general trait found in humanity or just a personal quirk for myself, but I find myself getting into certain comfort zones. Which leads to certain routines. Or maybe the routines lead to the comfort zones.

Yes, I sleep in the same place in the bed. Occasionally I'll spread out if I feel like stretching a little, but by the middle of the night I end up back in my regular spot.

And so what if I eat my meals around the same time every day? Can I help it that I tend to get hungry at the same times? My work schedule dictates my lunch time on a daily basis. And we all know that dinner is at six o'clock. Don't question it. It just is.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment