Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An Actor's Tale

A friend called me earlier to tell me that Heath Ledger had been found dead in his New York apartment. He was 28 years old.

Heath Ledger was in some pretty outstanding movies. 10 Things I Hate About You is one of those great, teen-angst films that gets spoofed a lot, but still, great modern telling of "The Taming of the Shrew." The Patriot was awesome. And A Knight's Tale might just be in my personal top 10.

He had recently filmed The Dark Knight. No, not the sequel to A Knight's Tale, the sequel to Batman Begins. He played one of the world's most recognizable bad guys, and a reason why many people fear clowns, the Joker. Honestly, upon hearing the news, the first thing that came to mind was, "Did they finish filming all his scenes?" Kind of selfish, I know, but that's just where my mind went.

1 comment:

  1. Fear not Aaron, my mind went to the same place when I heard that he was playing the Joker.

    Don't think of it as selfish, just prioritized :)

    ReplyDelete