Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode I

I'm in training all week. All kinds of fun. The training isn't happening at the branch I'll be working at. Instead, I have to drive into Raleigh, which isn't too far, it's just important to the story. On a good day it takes about 20 minutes to get there. Today was not a good day.

I left my house at the same time I did yesterday and last Thursday. I figure if I leave at 8:15, that gives me a good 45 minutes to make up for traffic. In fact, yesterday I got there 15 minutes early and stopped for a drink on the way. Today I was 15 minutes late.

I was driving along, and then I wasn't. For about half an hour I was stuck behind a truck going an average of 3 miles per hour. But I don't blame that driver, I blame all the idiot drivers who decided to slow down and get a real good look at the fender bender on the other side of the highway. It was a small accident that should not have effected my side of the road, there's a median seperating the lanes. And yet...

But, finally, after we passed that wreck, everyone sped back up. Amazing coincidence?

So I'm pretty sure I make a great impression by showing up to the third day of training 15 minutes late.

1 comment: