Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This Is Very Upsetting

Before you read my post today, click on this link. But be sure to come back to see the rest.

Okay, did you see that? Can you see why I think it's upsetting?

I've heard of this sort of thing before. People who picket with signs screaming "God Hates Fags" up and down the street. And we wonder why people look at the church with such a horrible attitude.

My question to the people of Westboro Baptist Church is, what god are you serving? The God I know does not hate people. The God I know loved us enough, loved me enough to leave Heaven and live life as a man for the sole purpose of dying as a sacrifice for our sins. For my sins.

How is it possible to know the love of God if all you harbor in your heart is hatred for others? After religious leaders of the day asked Christ why he ate and drank with "sinners" Luke 5:31-32 says, "Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

I'll be honest, I strongly disagree with the homosexual lifestyle. I do believe that it is a sin. But you know what? I'm a sinner too. No, I don't struggle with homosexuality, but I have other struggles. Sin is sin. You and I may look at other people's lives and pass judgment, saying that they're worse or better people than we are. God doesn't look at the murderer and see a worse sinner than the man who swiped someone's wallet or the woman who lost her temper and said a few things she didn't really mean. God looks at us and sees lost people who are desperate for a relationship with Him. And He offers us a way to have that relationship.

Heath Ledger was a sinner, just like the rest of us. The group from Westboro Baptist Church has decided that he is now suffering an eternal torment in Hell. Folks, that's not for them to decide. That was up to Heath, based on his decision for or against Christ. If you are reading this blog and have not made that decision, don't wait. If you want to have a relationship with Christ, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me through this blog, or talk to someone you know is a true follower of Christ. Believe me, He wants a relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment