Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I Am Legend


Yesterday afternoon I decided to take in a movie. The only movie out that really caught my attention was I Am Legend, with Will Smith. Don’t get me wrong, National Treasure: Book of Secrets caught my attention too, but I’ve already seen it twice.

So I hit the matinee expecting a sparse crowd. But wait, it’s New Year’s Day. Lots of people are off work. And what to people do when they have a day off? They go to the movies. Kinda like what I did.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good movie. The plot, while slightly predictable, was interesting. And while Will Smith does not consider himself a great actor, I think this film displays just how good he can be.

If you haven’t seen the previews, then you probably don’t know that it’s about a man who believes he’s the last on earth. Why would someone believe this? ‘Cause there’s no one around. After a virus kills most of the people, then transforms the rest into crazy-rabid-mutants, Smith’s character spends three years with a dog as his only company.

What would you do if you were the only normal human being left? Me, I like my alone time, but that’s pushing it. I guess, technically, you could have human contact any time you want it. But only if you want to go into the pitch dark places where the crazy-rabid-mutants hide out during the day. And if you want to get eaten. I think the Fresh Prince made a pretty good go of things in his post-apocalyptic world.

Overall I found this movie very entertaining. Go see it if you get the chance. If not, see the DVD in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment