Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode IV

So I'm training just a little more this week. This time I'm at a branch that's located inside a Kroger. The constant beeping of the scanners is mind-numbing.

I've been shadowing an FSR who looks so much like Carlton Banks it's scary. Okay, it's not scary at all. Actually it's a little amusing. If he didn't have a much deeper voice I'd swear he was gonna bust out some Tom Jones.

I'm a little confused as to why they placed me at that location for training. It's roughly a 45 minute drive from my house. I have to go to the other side of Raleigh. And traffic is kinda heavy during the times I have to make my way there and back again. Also, it's in a grocery store. I'll regularly be working in a traditional branch. The two have very different ways of doing things.

I will say I'm glad I won't be at an in-store branch. They're pretty cramped in there. Not a lot of room to maneuver. Most of the time I'm just standing in the background watching Carlton work. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do some real work on Friday when I go back there for the last time.

I will share about one client that came through this afternoon. It was a man in his 60s. I'm standing in the background, doing what I do. A teller on the line is dealing with some paperwork on her computer, but acknowledges the man by saying someone would be with him in just one second. Branch manager, also on the teller line, had just gotten a roll of dimes and was getting that situated. He also said that he would be right with the customer. About ten seconds later, branch manager looked back up and asked if he could help the man. "Don't bother, apparently you don't have time for me." Then the man stormed off. I guess 30 seconds was just too long to wait. According to the folks in that branch, he's a regular, and he's always like that. Good to know. Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment