Monday, January 07, 2008

A Mastery of Sarcasm

I know I'm late. I resolved to post on this blog daily this year. And here it is, 2 AM on January 7th. Meaning that I, technically, did not post on the 6th. Well, here's my reason: I got up this morning, went to church, out to lunch, then to the Greene-House. And I just got home about five minutes ago. So I post now. And I'll post again later. So it's like getting posts on the 6th and 7th. Does that suit everyone? Both of you? Good.

So let me tell a story about going to the Greene-House yesterday. I got there, expecting to enjoy an evening of Playstation karaoke or Call of Duty. Since Nicole was doing laundry for the family, I joked with her saying I should've brought my dirty clothes. So she said I should have. Then she insisted that I go back home, get my laundry, bring it back and do it while we played games. She said it's better than having to go to a laundromat. And I have to agree. But, being the smart aleck I typically am, I made the remark that I'd have to drive all the way back to Wake Forest (which is about 2 miles from Youngsville).

After I left, the oldest Greene kid said, "He lives in Wake Forest?"

Nicole said, "Yes, near the seminary."

"But Mommy, Wake Forest isn't that far away," Oldest said.

"Yeah, that was sarcasm."

"But he wasn't smiling."

Nicole then said, "Yeah, that was real sarcasm."

Yeah... real sarcasm. See you later today kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment