Friday, January 25, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode III

My first actual day on the job. I went into the branch this morning and, at first, I thought I would just be sitting around doing nothing. I had no employee ID, no log-in password, no way to have a cash drawer of my very own. Therefore, I would have no way to perform even the simplest of transactions.

But then it happened, I got to count in and do some real work. Thus, a slow day became a work day. I was cashing checks, making deposits, dropping off some mortgage payments. I think I did a pretty good job for my first day. Granted, I didn't get any referrals under my belt, but I balanced.

If you've never worked in the banking industry, then you don't know the joy that comes from being in balance. Nor do you know the anxiety of the moments during the cash count. It's a crazy roller coaster of emotions. Next week I'll be somewhere else for more training. Then I'll finally be in my regular workplace doing my regular job. I feel like I've waited so long for this job to finally start.

1 comment: