Friday, November 12, 2010

Day Twelve

Something I Am OCD About

There are actually a couple things that cause the OCD in me to come to the surface. Sadly, one of those things is strongly tied to work.

At the bank, in my teller drawer, all of my cash has to be facing the same way. It all has to be face up with the bottom of the portrait nearest to me. It's just how it has to be.

The other has to do with the order of my CDs and DVDs. They have to be in alphabetical order. DVDs are a little easier. They're alphabetical by title. CDs are alphabetized by artist, then by album release date, assuming I have multiple CDs by one artist, which I do.

The DVD thing is pretty bad though. And it extends beyond my personal collection. Once, in college, I was helping a friend move back into the dorm after she had been at home all summer. She had just thrown all her DVDs on the bookshelf in no particular order. I couldn't stand for that. So I dropped what I was doing and immediately alphabetized them. It's a sickness, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment