Friday, November 05, 2010

Question of the Week: Vacation

Would you rather spend a month on vacation with your parents or put in overtime at your current job for four weeks without extra compensation?

Hmm... That's a tough one. No, really, it's gonna take some thought to answer this one. On the one hand, vacation with the parents for an entire month. I have to think back to family vacations when I was a kid. Usually, those lasted a week, and by the end of that week, we were more than ready to get back home and into real life so we weren't constantly crammed into the same cramped hotel room together. A straight month of close contact like that can lead to some exposed nerves and some pretty severe annoyances. On the other hand, I hate my job. So putting in overtime and not getting anything extra for it is equivalent to covering me in paper cuts and then bathing me in lemon juice. I vote for the vacation.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Good call. You can always take sleeping pills during the vacation.

    ReplyDelete