Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life. I may not always show it. I may not always act like it. But I am very grateful for a number of people and circumstances that have helped to make me who I am.

I'm thankful for friends who seem to still want me around, in spite of my issues and hang ups.

I'm thankful for family that loves me, even though I stay away for so long between visits.

I'm thankful for a job that I complain about every day. I know how lucky I am just to have that paycheck coming in every other week. I need to stop taking it for granted.

I work so hard at pushing people away and keeping people out. I'm thankful that there are a handful of people who aren't afraid to push back and force their way into my life.

I'm sure I could find more to be thankful for, and I have no doubt I could take this in a less serious direction. But I'm not in a less serious mood at the moment. So those serious things that were mentioned above are what you get from me this Thanksgiving. I hope everyone reading this has a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment