Wednesday, October 24, 2012

AFI Top 100 - The Halfway Point

When I posted my thoughts on West Side Story last week, I came to the midway point on the AFI's list of the top 100 films of all time. I started this thing in January of 2011. So it's only taken me one year, ten months and seventeen days to get halfway through the list.

Originally, I intended to watch all 100 movies throughout the course of 2011. I'm not too unhappy that I didn't make it. After all, it kind of means I don't actually spend all my time just watching movies. This has been the impression that a lot of people probably have of me for a long time. To them I say HA!

I digress. I seem to have a pretty decent schedule going on these movies now. One a week isn't too bad, right? Which means that at this time next year, I will have completed the entire list. Assuming I stick to that one a week schedule.

Movies are fun. If you're interested in following along with the top 50, I'll be watching The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring for next week. It's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment