Monday, October 29, 2012

Question of the Week: Questions

Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

It's rare that I ask questions. The reason should be obvious. I already know everything. Just kidding. I don't really know everything. I just pretend that I do. But it's true that I don't ask a lot of questions, unless I'm watching Jeopardy. Socially, this can lead to problems. I notice this when I'm witnessing my more outgoing friends in action. They're constantly prepared to ask questions, if only to keep the conversation going. I tend to let things progress into an awkward silence. When it comes to learning about something, I have a tendency to look something up myself, rather than ask someone else for the answer. Again, I'm sure my lack of inquisitivity can be traced back to my introversion.

And there's always the fact that I ask a question right here, each and every week. Though I rarely receive any answers. But I keep on asking, and I'll ask again. Are you inquisitive? What kinds of questions do you ask? What do you want to know? Now you've got me curious and you haven't even responded yet. Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment