Monday, May 05, 2008

Iron Man

Yesterday I went with the Greenes to see Iron Man. This was a movie that I went into wanting to see, but I wasn't exactly geeking out about it. I mentioned in a previous post that I've never really followed Iron Man, so I don't know much of the backstory. Not like I do Superman or Spider-Man.

So without having high expectations before seeing it, I was pleasantly surprised at just how good the movie was. Robert Downey Jr. did a great job playing Tony Stark, the billionaire weapons manufacturer that would become Iron Man. I read recently that Downey is actually a huge fan of Iron Man and would be willing to make 15 movies based on the character.

After the $100 million plus opening weekend, I'm sure Marvel Studios will be willing to back up a few sequels. Now, I won't sit here and say that I liked it better than the first two Spider-Man films, but it was very good. The actors were very good, the dialogue was well written, and the action and effects were kind of awesome.

Oh, and did anyone stay beyond the credits? We got up and left when the credits rolled, but I have a feeling we missed something. 'Cause I heard Samuel L. Jackson made an appearance as Nick Fury, but I don't remember ever seeing him show up. Was there an extra scene that I missed? Feel free to post a comment letting me know.

1 comment:

  1. yes you did miss a scene at the end of the credits

    youtube has it @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzo5PhjCE48

    ReplyDelete