Saturday, May 03, 2008

SMAROG

Today, my friend Cassie is getting married. In honor of her special day, I present you with a Cassie story from back in the day.

I met Cassie at Bluefield College, home of the Ramblin' Rams. At some point during one of my senior years, there was a big event leading up to a big basketball game. This was a game that everyone was excited about. Everyone was showing their school spirit. School colors were worn, posters were hung, faces were painted.

Cassie's face was one of those faces. It was quite elaborate. If I remember correctly, half of her face was painted blue, the other half white. And across her cheeks, written in red were the words "GO RAMS". At least, that's what it said when she saw herself in the mirror.

To be honest, I'm not sure at what point during the day she did this to herself. But I do know that no one pointed her mistake out until I said something before our 4 o'clock choir rehearsal. I think I said something along the lines of, "Your face looks great... But what does SMAR OG mean?" Needless to say she ran back to her dorm and had to repaint the entire thing. I still think that's pretty funny.

That mirror mode mess-up was also the inspiration for my current lisence plate. It may only make sense to people driving in front of me. Anyway, congratulations to Cassie and Chad, I wish them all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment